Iowa and Illinois State will open the 2015 football season with an 11 a.m. kickoff on Sept. 5, the Big Ten announced Friday. The game, to be played at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City, will be televised on the Big Ten Network.
The starting times for half of Iowa's 12-game regular-season schedule are now set. Here are the other five:
- Sept. 12 – at Iowa State, 3:30 p.m. (Fox).
- Sept. 19 – Pittsburgh, 7 p.m. (Big Ten Network).
- Oct. 10 – Illinois, 11 a.m. (Big Ten Network, ABC or an ESPN network).
- Oct. 17 – at Northwestern, 11 a.m. (Big Ten Network, ABC or an ESPN network).
- Nov. 14 – Minnesota, 7 p.m. (Big Ten Network).
Start times and television for the remaining six games will be announced at a later date. Those games are:
- Sept. 26 – North Texas.
- Oct. 3 – at Wisconsin.
- Oct. 31 – Maryland.
- Nov. 7 – at Indiana.
- Nov. 21 – Purdue.
- Nov. 27 – at Nebraska.