Who the Hawkeyes play, and when.
The Iowa football team's leadership group for 2017 consists of all 17 seniors plus junior safety Brandon Snyder. The group was selected by a team vote.
The leadership group assists in formulating policies and is involved in team decision-making throughout the year.
“Our success is a product of the leadership provided by this group on an annual basis,” Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz said in a university news release. “The input and leadership is valuable to our entire program throughout the entire year, not just during the fall season. Our older players are a valuable resource to our younger guys and set a great example of our expectations.”
Snyder, a former walk-on, earned a starting spot last year. He is currently rehabbing a knee injury and his playing status for this fall is unknown.
The group consists of:
- Nathan Bazata, DL, Senior, Howells, Neb.
- Ike Boettger, OL, Senior, Cedar Falls
- Bo Bower, LB, Senior, West Branch
- Daniel Gaffey, DL, Senior, Iowa City
- Jake Hulett, DL, Senior, Springville
- Josey Jewell, LB, Senior, Decorah
- Tyler Kluver, LS, Senior, Marshalltown
- Drake Kulick, FB, Senior, Muscatine
- Boone Myers, OL, Senior, Webster City
- Ben Niemann, LB, Senior, Sycamore, Ill.
- Peter Pekar, TE, Senior, Greendale, Wis.
- Brandon Snyder, DB, Junior, Larchwood
- Miles Taylor, DB, Senior, Silver Spring, Md.
- Matt VandeBerg, WR, Senior, Brandon, S.D.
- Akrum Wadley, RB, Senior, Newark, N.J.
- Kevin Ward, OLB, Senior, Homer Glen, Ill.
- Sean Welsh, OL, Senior, Springboro, Ohio
- Jon Wisnieski, TE, Senior, West Des Moines