Didn't get a ticket to the Field of Dreams game? Here's where you can watch it on TV
On Thursday, the New York Yankees and the Chicago White Sox will play in Dyersville near the set of the 1989 hit movie “Field of Dreams.”
Previously, the game was scheduled to take place in 2020. However, it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The contest has arguably been one of the hottest tickets on the market as the Field of Dream game approaches. Some fans have even paid top dollar to ensure they’re able to watch the game in person. For fans who aren’t able to get tickets, you’ll still have a chance to catch the game on television or on your mobile device.
The game between the Yankees and White Sox will be televised nationally on FOX at 6 p.m. CT.
Coverage will also include a pre-game show, which starts at 5 p.m.
If you're in Dyersville, you can head over to Town Square for the MLB viewing party. That also starts at 6 p.m. CT.
More on the Field of Dreams game:
- Field of Dreams game: Live coverage of New York Yankees vs. Chicago White Sox in Iowa
- What you need to know about MLB's Field of Dreams ballpark in Dyersville
- MLB's Field of Dreams game ignites renewed interest in the rural Iowa movie site and nearby Dyersville
- How a 2016 trip to 'Field of Dreams' site convinced MLB commissioner Rob Manfred to hold game there
- Here is MLB's schedule for the Field of Dreams game in Dyersville
Here’s more information on how to watch the game.
Field of Dreams TV game time, channel
Who: New York Yankees vs. Chicago White Sox
Where: Field of Dreams ballpark in Dyersville, Iowa
When: 6 p.m. CT, Aug. 12
Television info: FOX (check local listings for channel information)
Online: MLB.TV app, Bally Sports