Fred Hoiberg 8th, Fran McCaffery 9th highest among Big Ten men's basketball coaches' salaries
Iowa men's basketball coach Fran McCaffery's total pay ranks ninth among Big Ten Conference coaches, according to a USA Today study published Wednesday.
The study included 13 of the Big Ten's 14 coaches. Penn State did not disclose Micah Shrewsberry's annual compensation.
McCaffery's total pay of $3,208,000 ranks just behind Nebraska's Fred Hoiberg ($3,250,000) and ahead of Indiana's Mike Woodson ($3,075,000).
More:Five most underpaid men's college basketball coaches: Purdue, Iowa State have top bargains
Tom Izzo of Michigan State is the Big Ten's longest-tenured and highest-paid coach at $5,738,727. Minnesota second-year coach Ben Johnson ranks 13th at $2,009,000.
McCaffery ranks third in the Big Ten in coaching tenure (2010), trailing only Izzo (1995) and Purdue's Matt Painter (2004). Hoiberg, the former Iowa State player and coach, has been at Nebraska since 2019.
More:Five most overpaid men's college basketball coaches: Looking at you, Calipari and Hoiberg
How much are Big Ten men's basketball coaches paid?
- Tom Izzo, Michigan State, $5,738,727
- Brad Underwood, Illinois, $4,600,550
- Kevin Willard, Maryland, $3,900,000
- Greg Gard, Wisconsin, $3,637,500
- Juwan Howard, Michigan, $3,616,000
- Matt Painter, Purdue, $3,580,000
- Chris Holtmann, Ohio State, $3,500,000
- Fred Hoiberg, Nebraska, $3,250,000
- Fran McCaffery, Iowa, $3,208,000
- Mike Woodson, Indiana, $3,075,000
- Steve Pikiell, Rutgers, $3,000,000
- Chris Collins, Northwestern, $2,893,064
- Ben Johnson, Minnesota, $2,009,000
- Micach Shrewsberry, Penn State, N/A