Haters gonna hate when you're one of the best.
During Big Ten Conference's media days earlier this week in Chicago, Iowa football players Desmond King and C.J. Beathard were part of a video created by the Big Ten Network, where some of the league's top players who were attending the event read mean tweets about themselves ... for laughs.
King, a senior cornerback who earned all-America honors and won the Jim Thorpe Award during his junior season, "didn't know how he feels about that" when one tweeter said "I have a hunch Desmond King will fall in 2017 because he's not quite the athlete so many others of these cornerbacks are #NFLDraft"
"Only God can tell, we'll see," King said in the video.
Beathard, who earned second-team all-Big Ten honors last season after leading the Hawkeyes to their first 12-0 regular season ever, read a tweet that said "Yeah, C.J. Beathard could be better than Vince Young and Colt McCoy... Like I could wake up tomorrow as the Queen of England.
"C'mon, jeez," Beathard said in the video.
At least it wasn't about the hair, C.J. (Which by the way, we miss.)
More from Big Ten Media Days:
- Leistikow: Josey Jewell is the embodiment of a Hawkeye
- What opposing defenses think of C.J. Beathard
- Barta working on 'retirement' contract for Kirk Ferentz
- Takeaways from Iowa's session at Big Ten Media Days
- Chad Leistikow explains Iowa's life as the hunted team in the West
- What we learned about Iowa's Big Ten opponents
- Jim Harbaugh's quirks a good thing for buttoned-down Big Ten
- Media Days takeaways from Monday's sessions
- Depth chart breakdown: What we learned about Iowa
- Drake product Chris Ash tackles Rutgers rebuild