Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz speaks after the final spring practice of 2018, noting (as he always does) the Hawkeyes are hardly "game ready."
The Iowa football team will host in-state rivals Iowa State at 4 p.m. Sept. 8 and Northern Iowa at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 15, the Big Ten Conference and three TV networks revealed Thursday.
Iowa's season-opener, Sept. 1 vs. Northern Illinois, will kick off at 2:30 p.m. and its season finale, at Kinnick Stadium against Nebraska, will begin at 11 a.m.
In all, seven of Iowa's 12 kickoff times were announced, along with the TV networks that will air five of the games.
It will be the first time Iowa and UNI have met in a night game. That contest is the only evening game announced for Iowa so far. It will be broadcast on BTN.
Fox-TV will air the annual Cy-Hawk game.
Iowa will be the guest in back-to-back homecoming games in October — at Minnesota on the sixth and at Indiana on the 13th.
Kickoff times for the remainder of the season, beginning with the Big Ten opener against Wisconsin, will be announced no later than 12 days prior to the game, per the media rights agreements between the Big Ten Conference and its television partners.
Iowa’s 2018 schedule:
- Sept. 1: Northern Illinois, 2:30 p.m., BTN
- Sept. 8: Iowa State, 4 p.m., FOX
- Sept. 15: Northern Iowa, 6:30 p.m., BTN
- Sept. 22: Wisconsin, TBA
- Oct. 6: at Minnesota, 3:30 or 4 p.m., TBA
- Oct. 13: at Indiana, Noon, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2
- Oct. 20: Maryland, 11 a.m., TBA
- Oct. 27: at Penn State, TBA
- Nov. 3: at Purdue, TBA
- Nov. 10: Northwestern, TBA
- Nov. 17: at Illinois, TBA
- Nov. 23: Nebraska, 11 a.m., FOX