Team USA's roster for the upcoming UWW Freestyle World Cup became final on Monday.
In addition to the 10 starters announced between March 5-14, national freestyle coach Bill Zadick announced 10 other wrestlers would join Team USA for the premier international dual tournament, set for April 7-8 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City.
Among those added were Kyven Gadson, a former Iowa State wrestler and 2015 NCAA champion, and Joe Colon, a former Northern Iowa wrestler who earned All-American honors in 2014. Gadson will compete at 97 kilograms (213 pounds), and Colon will go at 61 kilograms (134 pounds).
Additionally, Frank Molinaro (70 kilo/154 pounds) and Alex Dieringer (79 kilo/174 pounds) were also selected. Both Molinaro and Dieringer have previous World Cup and international experience — Molinaro is 5-3 all-time in World Cup matches for Team USA and was a member of the 2016 Olympic team; Dieringer, a three-time NCAA champion for Oklahoma State, went 2-2 at the 2016 World Cup in Los Angeles and has previously won a silver medal at the Junior World Championships.
The other new additions announced Monday were: Frank Perrelli (57 kilo/125.5 pounds), current Ohio State junior Joey McKenna (65 kilo/143 pounds), current Illinois senior Isaiah Martinez (74 kilo/163 pounds), current Penn State junior Bo Nickal (86 kilo/189 pounds), Hayden Zilmer (92 kilo/202.5 pounds) and Dom Bradley (125 kilo/275 pounds).
Along with Zadick, former Iowa State coach Kevin Jackson and Joe Russell will serve as the team's coaches.
Team USA's full World Cup roster, along with each athlete's current club teams, is listed below (the presumed starters are in bold):
- 57 kg – Thomas Gilman, Iowa City, Iowa (Titan Mercury WC/Hawkeye WC); Frank Perrelli, Charlottesville, Va. (Titan Mercury WC/Cavalier RTC)
- 61 kg – Kendric Maple, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC); Joe Colon, Fresno, Calif. (Titan Mercury WC/Valley RTC)
- 65 kg - Logan Stieber, Columbus, Ohio (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC); Joey McKenna, Towaco, N.J. (Lehigh Valley WC/Ohio RTC)
- 70 kg – James Green, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC); Frank Molinaro, Blackburg, Va. (Titan Mercury WC/Southeast RTC)
- 74 kg – Jordan Burroughs, Lincoln, Neb. (Sunkist Kids/Nebraska WTC); Isaiah Martinez, Leemore, Calif. (Titan Mercury WC/Illini WC)
- 79 kg - Kyle Dake, Ithaca, N.Y. (Titan Mercury WC/Finger Lakes WC); Alex Dieringer, Stillwater, Okla. (Titan Mercury WC)
- 86 kg - David Taylor, State College, Pa. (Titan Mercury WC/Nittany Lion WC); Bo Nickal, Allen, Texas (Nittany Lion WC)
- 92 kg - J’den Cox, Columbia, Mo. (Titan Mercury WC/Missouri WF); Hayden Zillmer, Minneapolis, Minn. (Minnesota Storm)
- 97 kg - Kyle Snyder, Woodbine, Md. (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC); Kyven Gadson, Ames, Iowa (Sunkist Kids/Cyclone WC)
- 125 kg – Nick Gwiazdowski, Raleigh, N.C. (Titan Mercury WC/Wolfpack WC); Dom Bradley, Lincoln, Neb. (Sunkist Kids/Nebraska WTC)
Cody Goodwin covers wrestling and high school sports for the Des Moines Register. Follow him on Twitter at @codygoodwin.