Dallas Stars at Philadelphia Flyers odds, picks and betting tips
The Dallas Stars (1-7-1) continue what has been a disappointing road trip by visiting the Philadelphia Flyers (2-2-1) at Wells Fargo Center Saturday. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET. Below, we break down the Stars vs. Flyers odds and lines, with NHL betting picks and tips.
The Stars lost 4-2 at the Pittsburgh Penguins Friday night. The Flyers last played Wednesday, when they were dropped by a 6-3 count on the road by the Edmonton Oilers.
Stars at Flyers: Projected starting goalies
Ben Bishop vs. Carter Hart
Bishop has Friday night off and enters the second half of his team's back-to-back with plenty of rest. He last played Wednesday, when he stopped 32 of 35 shots on goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He is 1-4-1 through six starts with a .899 save percentage and a 2.84 goals against average. He has faced 30 or more shots in just three of his six starts.
Hart has started four of the Flyers' five games. He is 2-1-1 with a .904 SV% and 2.46 GAA. He picked up a 25-save shutout against the New Jersey Devils Oct. 9, but he has allowed at least two goals in each of his other three starts while facing 30 or more shots just once.
Stars at Flyers: By the numbers
Get some hockey betting action on this game by placing a bet at BetMGM.
- The two teams split their 2018-19 head-to-head season series. The Flyers won 2-1 in Philadelphia with the Stars winning 6-2 in Dallas.
- The Flyers have been outscored 15-14 through five games. The Stars have allowed 30 goals while scoring 17 through nine games.
- Philadelphia has lost three straight games but is 2-0-0 on home ice. Dallas has lost five in a row and is 1-5-0 on the road this season.
- Only three teams average fewer shots on goal per game than Dallas (27.6). Only three teams average more shots per game than Philadelphia (35.6).
- The Flyers and Stars rank second and fourth, respectively, in opponent shots on goal per game.
- Philadelphia has scored six power-play goals in 20 opportunities. Dallas is just 1-for-25 with the man advantage.
- Only the Carolina Hurricanes have been shorthanded more than the Stars this season. Dallas is 27-for-33 on the penalty kill.
- The Stars are 4-5 overall against the spread. They're 3-3 ATS on the road. The Flyers are 2-3 overall ATS and 1-1 ATS at home.
- Dallas is 3-6 against the Over/Under. Philadelphia is 2-3 against the projected total.
Stars at Flyers: Key injuries
Flyers C Nolan Patrick (head) is still considered week-to-week due to migraines.
Stars at Flyers: Odds, picks and betting tips
Moneyline : The Stars have offered little sign of life on their road trip and are playing the second half of a back-to-back against a rested home opponent. Take the FLYERS at very reasonable -154 odds. A $10 bet returns a profit of $6.50.
Spread : Get added value on the Flyers with +165 odds to cover a puck line of -1.5 and win by two or more goals. The same $10 bet fetches a $16.5 profit.
Over/Under : Take the OVER 4.5 (-222). The shockingly low projected total has induced a chalky number, but there should be more than enough offense in this one to reduce any stress. A $10 bet returns $4.50 in profit.
Esten's NHL betting record: 35-25
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.